Captured at 2008/07/07
1. Notation and Conventions
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119] (Bradner, B., “Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels,” .). Domain name examples use [RFC2606] (Eastlake, D. and A. Panitz, “Reserved Top Level DNS Names,” .).
- A URI-addressable network document or service. (URIでアドレスできるネットワークドキュメント/サービス)
- An absolute URI at which a Resource is available on the network. (ネットワークで利用可能な絶対URI)
- Resource Description Document
- An XML-formatted document providing a machine-readable list of Resources descriptions and their Endpoints. (Resoure詳細の一覧とEndpointoの一覧を提供するXMLドキュメント)
- Service Provider:
- A web application offering XRDS-Simple discovery information about its Resources and related Resources offered by other providers. (Webアプリケーション。他のプロバイダが利用できるリソースについてXRDS-Simpleディスカバリを提供します。)
- A website or application that uses XRDS-Simple to discovery information about Resources offered by a Service Provider. (サービスプロバイダから提供されるリソース情報を見つけるためにXRDS-Simpleを使うＷｅｂサイト/アプリケーション)
XRDS-Simple defines a subset of the XRDS format defined in
[XRI Resolution 2.0] (Wachob, G., Reed, D., Chasen, L., Tan, W., and S. Churchill, “Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) Resolution V2.0,” .), with a small set of extensions. In this specification, XRDS refers to the full format defined in [XRI Resolution 2.0] (Wachob, G., Reed, D., Chasen, L., Tan, W., and S. Churchill, “Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) Resolution V2.0,” .), while XRDS-Simple refers to the subset of XRDS and the extensions defined in Section 6 (Document Structure).
(XRDS-Simple = XRDSのサブセット。多少拡張。#6で拡張は説明)
The goal of XRDS-Simple is to provide a lightweight version of XRDS that simplifies the implementation of parsers while maintaining full compatibility with XRDS and any XRDS-compliant parsers and resolvers. It also serves as an introduction to XRDS, giving implementers an upgrade path to other XRDS features when appropriate.
By defining XRDS-Simple, implementers can both declare the scope of their application and capabilities, as well as perform tests to assert that their application is capable of processing input documents exactly as they were intended. This is of particular importance when processing documents with security or identity information, where misinterpretation of the document can lead to a breach of security.